‘Fertility may have challenged you, but you have to strong & always ready for it.'
Pregnancy is a long-term commitment for every woman. A complete new journey starts after the little one arrives. It is this bundle of joy around whom the couple's new life revolves. The ideal age for women to get pregnant is between 25-30 year of her age and these are the age-gaps when the eggs are most fertile.
But, they cannot devote all their time to the child hence women refrain from getting pregnant.
And as a result of that, as their age increases-
- The quality of eggs deteriorates
- And the chances of conception decrease.
To find the midway between the ‘I need to focus on my career' and ‘I need to get pregnant in time before losing my fertility' many types of research were made, and egg freezing technique is one of them.
Egg Freezing- An Alternative Method to Get Pregnant!!
While it comes to alternative methods to get pregnant, from the hows to whats, all sorts of questions keep popping in one's head. Here, we present all types of questions along with answers by consulting the IVF Expert-
- What is the ‘egg-freezing' process?
It is the technique of retrieving the eggs from a woman's ovaries and preserving them in a laboratory by freezing them. These freezing eggs can be used whenever the woman wishes to get pregnant through IVF technique.
- Why should the eggs be preserved?
There are probably 2 reasons lies behind this-
- She is not ready career-wise, finance wise, relationship wise or anything else, but she plans to have babies later in her life.
- The woman is undergoing the treatment for a terminal disease which has a potential of harming her reproductive system and may lead to not having a baby in the future.
- Which age is appropriate for freezing the eggs?
Ideally, women between the ages of 23-28 have the highest number of fertile eggs, so it is the right time to go for freezing their eggs.
- How is the quality of eggs dependent on the age?
With increasing age, both the quality and quantity of eggs decreases. At the time of birth of a woman, there are about millions of eggs. With every passing day, the woman keeps on losing the eggs. And, unfortunately, the number of eggs cannot be artificially made.
At the younger age, preserving the eggs gives the opportunity to store the eggs and using them at an older age.
- How does a woman get pregnant after the freezing process?
‘Although the woman ages, the eggs don't age after freezing.'
When the woman decides to get pregnant, these freezing eggs can be used for the IVF process by combining the sperms and the eggs. All of these procedures happen under the observation of an IVF Expert.
- What is the medical procedure that a woman has to go during egg freezing?
- The freezing process takes place in the span between two menstrual cycles.
- The woman is injected with medicines that stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple eggs instead of only one egg during the ovulation period.
- During this period, several tests like blood test, ultrasound, and other test are conducted.
- When the eggs are formed, the woman undergoes a small clinical procedure of extracting eggs to preserve for the future.
- How much the whole procedure costs?
The approx cost of the whole egg freezing procedure is from INR 1,00,000 to INR 3,00,000.
- What are the risks involved in the egg freezing process?
Although, the whole process is not very simple, doesn't involve too many risks. The injections will be given near your belly, and the medications should suit you, your ovaries should be responsive to the medication and produce the desired quantity of eggs.
User also read :- Increase Your Chances of Pregnancy with IVF
These were the most common questions hovering over a woman's head when she is thinking of egg freezing. Going to the right doctor and getting a personal check-up done before you start.