The More We Talk About Infertility
Greater the Awareness
Infertility is an ailment and it could happen to anyone. When it comes to infertility, not only it affects our physical health but also influences us in emotional, social and psychological grounds. Infertility is a rising concern in the present scenario. About 27.5 million couples in the Indian population are facing difficulties to conceive.
A wise man once told, “Prevention is better than cure”. Our body gives us indications long before we realize something is wrong. Let us mark the initial signs and symptoms of infertility before it is too late.
Signs of Occurring Infertility in Men
Most of the times, infertility is often subjected to be an abnormality of women. However, according to a report, 40% of the infertility cases are due to ‘male factor'. Male infertility is the inability of a male to fertile a female egg. We should be aware of the signs to take steps at the right time.
The most common visible symptom of male infertility is Erectile Dysfunction. This includes repetitive difficulty in forging of the phallus during intercourse. It is mainly due to hormonal imbalance or chromosomal abnormality. There are other signs, which are neglected by us.
Reduction of Hair Growth
Â Do you observe decreased facial and body hair growth? It might be an alarm. This condition is also a result of hormonal deformity.
Fluctuating Sexual Drive
Being stressed due to low sexual desire can be one of the unnoticed symptoms of infertility. This is associated with chromosomal changes and hormone action.
Inflammation of Testicles
Have you felt any kind of pain, swelling or dilation in and around your testicles and its vein? You should consider getting yourself tested. This is usually an inherited cause but it is cured within time.
Size and Texture of Your Testicles
The testicles are the storage of your sperm. An unhealthy testicle could be the underlying cause of infertility. Noticing a small and firm testicle could be a sign for you.
Concerns Regarding Ejaculation
Are you facing troubles while ejaculating? Moreover, is it happening several times? Then your fertility could be at risk. Any issues related to ejaculation have high chance of creating an infertile male. Even if you are ejaculating in small quantities or it is in a fluid state, it can be an early sign.
Running Low on Sperm?
Does your sperm seem to be lower than usual at the time of an ejaculation? Low sperm count is one of the major symptoms of infertility. The normal sperm count ranges from 15 million to more than 200 million per milliliter of semen. If you suspect, any less than normal sperms, consult your doctor.
One of the most special moments for women is when gives birth to her child. Some women are deprived of this moment. Sadly, the reason is due to their unawareness of sexual health. Infertility is cured if the hidden signs are given attention.
While most of the symptoms are similar to some common diseases in women like thyroid, PCOS, anemia, etc. but infertility could also be the reason. Whether you are expecting a child or not, you should notice what signs your body is giving you and act accordingly.
Any Prior Disease
If you are already suffering from specific health issues like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Anaemia, then there is a chance that you might face troubles conceiving. Consult your gynaecologist well in this regard.
Facing Period-related Issues for a Long Time
Let's face it, periods can be annoying. Nevertheless, that is not it. Any difficulty linked with periods can be an indication.
- Irregular periods: Getting your menstrual cycles now and then or not getting it straight for some months.
- No Periods: Not getting periods and not even pregnant? Get yourself tested as it could be one of the causes of infertility
- Heavy Bleeding
- Less than usual bleeding
- Periods cramps are more painful than the usual
Are you waking up at night suddenly? On the other hand, getting chills and sweating inside out? These are night sweats and heat flashes which can result in premature menopause. Dr. Jeelani says. "This means your egg quality and quantity might be lower than expected and could interfere with your ability to get pregnant on your own."
When your normal body starts showing changes abruptly, you often choose to ignore it. However, we need to pay heed to some of them for it could be making us infertile.
- Complications in skin: Although it does not explain much about only infertility if you are facing above symptoms along with skin allergies, there is a link.
- Minimal sexual drive:Â Not only the males but even females also go through the state of decreased sexual drive.
- Sudden weight gain: The infertile female develops a resistance to insulin, which causes weight gain in them.
- Growth of extra hair on the skin of the face, legs and hand: It is a very common symptom of PCOS and it is wise to take a visit to your gyno.
- Losing volume from your scalp and head: As common as the hair fall seems but it is the result of your hormonal change.Â Â
- Fluctuating moods: Suddenly at any given time of the day, you break out, and you do not even know why! We already know how devastating mood swings are. Yet, we ignore the unexplainable changes in mood we go through. Changes in the mood is an act of hormonal abnormality and could mean anything even infertility.
Many consider intercourse as a painful process. But you must know if the pain includes burning sensations, redness in your genital area and intense soreness for a longer duration, then it is not normal. You cannot ignore this sign as it could also be due to any Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs) or Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). This would ultimately lead to infertility.
- Records of chronic illness
- You are suffering from any kind of Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs) or have a family history of any STD.
- An unhealthy lifestyle like smoking, excessive alcohol consumption is a sign because eventually, it is one of the major threats to infertility.
- You suffer from unexplained stress and anxiety.
- Pre-treated cancers or tumors.
- Stress due to work pressure.
Our attention to these signs and symptoms has a big impact on future generations. While infertility is something, we choose not to share with others but we need more and more people to talk about it. Only if we know and understand it, we can heal infertility.
Now, there are more than thousands of doctors specializing in reproductive endocrinology. There are several infertility treatments across the country now. Let us unite together and spread awareness about infertility and its cure.